Saturday, November 21, 2009

King Singer's Rendez-vous

The Kings Singers - Deck the HallImage by Jacob Whittaker via Flickr

Hi All,

Thanks for the invite, I am glad to be here. I have conceded to the blogger world. My first post is.....

I went to see the King Singer's last night at Cadogan Hall. I purchased three tickets, one for Greg, myself and a relative who may have been in town. The relative left so I had one extra ticket. I made it to the hall 45 minutes early, asked the ticket agents if the concert was sold out and they said no. After my shock receded, I returned outside and stood there waiting to sell my ticket. I felt like one of those sketchy people who linger outside concerts with a stack of tickets, trying to hoc them, the purchasher not knowing if the item is authentic or not. Putting on my kindest smile I began asking those approaching, with sweetness in my voice, if they were looking for a ticket. Those walking alone were even more of a target. I had been outside kindly attacking people when a taller, blonde man approached. I took no time to ask, 'Sir, are you looking for a ticket to the concert because I have an extra one.' 'Well, I am going in,' he replied 'but...' 'I paid 23 pounds for it but I will sell it to you for 20.' 'Well, that's nice but...' 'You are one of the Singer's aren't you?' I asked in horror. 'Yes I am.' 'Oh, I am so embarrassed. What is your name?' I ask blushing. 'My name is Chris.' We chatted a bit, then he went in.

The concert was wonderful and they premiered a new piece that included 18 songs, all about the Virgin Mary from different cultures throughout the ages. None of their fun songs were sung but they were still fabulous.

The momentus day I tried to sell one of the King Singer's a ticket to his own concert. :)

PS. I never did sell the ticket and used the seat as a purse / coat rack.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Nice work, Tonia. A personal interview with one of the King Singers. I can't believe I was still to be in London town. There has been so much water under the bridge since I left. I shall repay you. Do you want the 20 or the 23 pound price for the ticket?

    Love,

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not paying me for the ticket. Payment was well received by you when you did not attend and therefore I met Chris. Then again, it would have been nice to have you there.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.