Friday, December 4, 2009

Janet's First Post

Blog from the original Larch Haven. This is cool. This is coming to you live via the new Telus 306 gizmo.

No pictures yet but I will work on that.

Skiff of snow at Larch Haven a little cool. Glen will maybe try the new snowboard tomorrow at Revelstoke.

Who is coming out during the holidays? Chocolate covered cheesecake and suckers? Where? When? We have been invited to participate in the Spanish traditions with Bonnie Joachim and David. The Wood's will be here and some of my family.

Mac - Nativity Scenes are big business- David Wood has spent all week working on a display put on by the Mormon Church here. We will likely drive by tomorrow. I work with a couple of Johovah Witnesses who do not know what the Nativity is.

3 comments:

  1. We'll be staying close to home this year. Looking forward to some pictures from the original Larch Haven!

    - Doral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet from Arta,

    Welcome to the new world of blogging. Fun isn't it. I post text and the next time I get in to look at the blog, someone has beautified by words with an excellent picture. I like that!

    Rebecca says they are returning to the Shuswap on December 28th, from seeing Verlaine in Calgary for the holidays. Kelvin and I are going to be out there as well, for at least that time frame.

    ----

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re the nativity:

    Here is one of my favorite nativity stories from the past.

    The year that Mary was 6 and in grade I, I was the primary chorister. Besides teaching a lot of Christmas songs, I wanted the whole Primary to do a choral reading in church. We learned the story of the nativity beginning with "And there were in the same country, shepherds abiding in the fields" ... all the way to "..."and she brought forth her first born son and laid him in a manager because there was n room in the inn," and we performed it in Sunday School in December.

    That same year, the Grade I teacher asked her class to write what Xmas means. Mary was only 3 months into Grade I and got busy and phoenetically told the story to her teacher. "Ad thr wr in the sam cuntri, shpds ..." until she had filled both side of the foolscap.

    The teacher kept Mary's writing and showed it to me when I went to a parent-teacher interview saying she had taken it to her Baptist women's group, and she hoped I didn't mind.

    I love it that the little Mormon girl's story of what Chistmas means, went on paper to the Baptist women's group that year.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.