Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend in Victoria

After lurking for a while on this list I thought I better put in a word or two. If you are at all plugged into the gaming crowd (of which I am not), you will know that “Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 2” or COD6 is the must have game for the xmas season. Along with an RESP, Alex has his own savings account with a chipped access card. I said that he could use his money to buy the game and gave him is bank card to make the purchase. He completed the whole transaction like a pro, putting in his card, selecting the correct account and then putting in his PIN at blazing speed (and blocking out potential would be wondering eyes buy moving his body around the terminal). I guess it is all part of their surroundings. I know for Rebecca, when she got her chipped card, she missed her PIN three times in a row and therefore her card was locked.

Today we are facing the chance of snow; Panic! People are already booking off early today so that they can get home before the accumulation starts (at least 1-2 cm predicted). Unlike last year where I thought my all seasons could take the snow (proven wrong by being stuck at Arta’s house until Glen was able to pour enough gravel on the snow to get me out), I have purchased snow tires. I did have a tear in my eye after leaving Canadian Tire 1000$ lighter than when I entered but now I am at least ready to tackle the hills around Merritt and Rogers pass.

Last night (Sunday) Rebecca wanted to go into work to clean up a few things. It was 7pm, I had the boys in front of a great French movie (Les Visiteurs – Jean Reno) so I said go ahead. At 4am, I finally phoned her work number as I had hit my time limit without having to pop one of Bonnie’s magic blue ‘calming’ pills. No answer. So what to do with no vehicle, sleeping boys and a wild imagination. I decided that I could ride my bike over to the university to at least check to see if the van was still in the parking lot. I was getting dressed to go when Rebecca did call back. In her words, it was the only time she had left the office the whole night. So she made it home, Kiwi let the house know that she was back, and I was ready to get some sleep to see it was already 5 so I might as well stay up.

In anticipation of a long day,

S

1 comment:

  1. Hello Steve and others,

    Thinking about the snow that is about to fall, crippling the traffic in Victoria, I write to say I am on my way to Penbrooke, but in order to start Richard's truck, my car is now in the alley connected to his by cables. We are hoping that in 5 or 10 minutes his car will be ready to go. He was good enough to lend me his long electrical chord -- thus the reason of the quick start for me. And the dead sound when he tries to turn his motor over.

    A cold winter crippling those of us who want to drive sucks, even if the sky is beautiful and the weather crisp and invigorating.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.