Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bates Family Calendar

The ten reasons why we (Wyona, Greg and Tonia) LOVE the family calendar Charise made for the Bates':

10)  Each member of the family has the same number of pictures, carefully planned, counted and orchestrated.

9)  The flashes of Shuswap Lake behind people, around smiling faces, and highlighting the joy of the environment.

8)  The formality of October in comparison to the craziness of every other month. 

7)  The smiles, the smiles, the smiles, and puckery lips, pouty faces, looks of surprise and exposed tongues. 

6)  Family quotes and sassy sayings that highlight the humour that jumps out of our mouths.

5)  Audra reaching out to squeeze a bubble, in which is precariously floating the head of her aunt Lurene.

4)  Charise, pigtails, funny face, large eyes, see March.

3)  February - very sneaky

2)  Heads and bodies all around the calendar doing hilarious things such as floating above a donkey, stuck in a sunflower, hanging sideways off a tree, and resting on someone else's knee. 

1)  Originality, colour and hard work that created such a fantastic monthly reminder of family.  (Sniff!)

0)  Zoe Nicole Bates' birthday and St. Nicolas Day forming one grand holiday - Saint Zoe Nicole Day!

Fantastic work Charinse.  Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charise,

    A calendar is a lot of work. I am looking forward to dropping by your house and seeing your 2010 version, for I have liked the other calendars you have done, as well.

    I still have the one that Anita did for us where everyone's birthday is marked on the calendar. I hang it beside a commercial calendar that has the right day of the week, but I use that old calendar for a quick look at who has birthdays every month.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Charise for a copy or perhaps I will encourage her to download the best months on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I took my computer apart today to get it in to have it repaired. First thing I do when I get it back, I'm going to put the calender pictures of both years that I did on the blog and give a little sentence explaining each pictures.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.