Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The OlympicTorch Comes to Salmon Arm

From Moiya:

It was thrilling to see the houseboats come up the channel with the torch lit for all to see.

I saw Bonnie Wyora down below standing where she could almost touch the torch bearer as he ran by. I've been sick and can't shout, but tried to and then I tried to whistle. She doesn't know my whistle yet. I finally saw them in the gymasium with the rest of the town who were there for free food.

We got little free paper flags and they had little bowls of stew, a bun, and a drink from McDonalds. I heard that all the restaurants in Sicamous got together to do the planning for it. A mammoth job it was to feed all of those people! I am sure that Bonnie can tell you how that was, as her family stayed for the food.

I was overcome with emotion as the torch went by. I ran down the street as fast as my legs would carry me, with the torch. The man running behind the torch, the man trying to control the crowd told us to stay behind him. My legs finally gave out and I walked at a fast pace. I didn't do the tread mill that day but I did get my exercise in.

I stood beside the display which had the medals there too. As I am quite sick, I finally took the medals and David and I went home. I left the rest of the display there and the Principal said he would take my things to his office.

Now David is back from town with the picture and he is going to hang it back up on the wall for me. Not too many people came and looked at the display. They were there for free food.David is back and he said that the principal said a lot of people were asking about it.

Moiya

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.