Saturday, May 1, 2010

10, 20 and 70 in a room together

Charise, Alicia and I are sharing a room for the duration of our London stays together. We didn't know what to call ourselves. Alicia is a perfect 10, Charise is 28 years old and I am 69 years old. Charise likes to round down and I like to round up -- so we are calling ourselves the 10, 20 and 70.

Our bedroom has been carefully divided into areas made up of threes: 3 sleeping spaces, 3 laundry collection spaces, 3 shelf spaces, 3 book spaces, 3 toiletries spaces, and we share the purse space -- one whole shelf where we can tuck our bags as we come in the door.

I was going to help Alicia unpack, but when she opened her carry-on, I saw it had been filled with books, good snacks and one set of clothing in case her other luggage went missing. "Why would I need to help Alicia?", I thought. Looks to me like she has everything under control.

Our 10/20/70 group thought we needed to assign someone the job of policing our space to maintain its tidiness. I wondered who that person should be, The word Charise came to mind. She can discover old dental floss in a towel that has come out of the dryer as easily as she can see crumbs fall from ones lips to the ground should someone be so uncouth as to eat a pastry without a dish beneath it.

Alica's school homework is to keep a journal of her trip to London. She has one page already written, filled with her amazement at being able to fly through clouds and to look down and see that below her is not ground, but only clouds.

And I am also going to write -- about how it is when a 10, 20 and 70 year old share a room together. Already I am wishing we could have added a 30, 40, 50 and 60 year old into the mix.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that Alicia and Charise get to spend time with you. Alicia? How they heck did you convince your parents to let you skip school to go to an even better school?! Get Arta to take you to see Pricilla Queen of the Dessert! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a perfect 30. Can I come? I don't think Trent will mind some alone time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jamie Go! Join them and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.