Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hamley's Toy Store

Alicia, Charise and I hopped off of the bus on the way home one night to slip into Hammley's toy store, five floors and a basement of every toy imaginable. One section of the the main floor provides a place for you to have a teddy-bear made to order -- you select the bear's shape, size, colour and then accessorize it. A remote control helicopter hovering above us at eye level is the image Charise captured on her camera. I snapped this picture of Alicia after we visited the third floor on hearing there was face painting going on there. You will see her face painted as though she were a butterfly.

I had to get out my camera when I got home. As well, Charise let me practise with my new camera, taking pictures just outside of the flat, as you can see from the background the wrought iron door. The portrait setting will take 3 pictures within one second -- actually the manual says 3.5 pictures a second. Reading one page in the manual is about all I can keep hold of intellectually -- so I read a page and then practise doing what the instructions tell me to do, whether I want to take pictures like that or not.


Charise and Alica have been to the National Gallery. I asked Alicia which pictures she had seen. She couldn't remember the name of the artist nor of the painting, but that it was a picture about the cursification. I had to think about that for a minute.

They have been to see Lion King, Oliver and Sister Act and today they are headed for Legally Blonde.

The dancer are going to have to kick high to get into the running for the best part of the day, which I think might end up being their trip to the London Dungeons, which they were showered, breakfasted and coated up for by 8 am.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you having fun, both of you. It will be hard to come home. How long until you washed your face Alicia? I would be tempted to sleep upright and keep that amazing butterfly on for another day. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.