Thursday, June 3, 2010

BritRail - Glasgow

On the Inverness trip, we had 30 minutes in Glasgow.

That is not a lot of time to get the flavor of the city.

Charise did ask on the telephone tonight, if we saw anyone in a kilt.

The answer is yes and I even had time to snap a picture.

This is not the best example, Charise, but by the time I get my camera out, the image I wanted to capture is gone and I have to look for another. This fellow was in a square, helping to get ready for a band that was to play at an afternoon event.


As well, when I walked the square that is right outside of the train station, on one corner of the square is the police station.

They ride green motorcycles, which you can see here, lined up right by the station.

How could I not have stopped to take a picture? There was a whole block of motorcycles lined up before me.

When there was just 10 minutes of time left before we were to board the train again, Wyona told me to take a store to the south, for she thought she saw another square down there.

I took that walk which was down to the Glasgow Museum of Modern Art.

When I saw this statue of Wellington outside of the museum, the statue with a construction cone on Wellington's head, I thought Wyona had been putting me on, had seen it, and then was sending me down there as a joke.

All I could wonder is, is this the new Glaswegian modern art?

She denied even having walked that far.

She said she had just spotted a building down there that she thought was interesting.

I was searching everywhere, to see what it was that her eye was really on.

That is when I saw a beautiful metal frieze on the Wellington statue.

There was a sculpture of a boy bidding his parents farewell, and when I got closer with my camera, I saw that as another addition, a modern art addition to the freeze, someone had added their cigarette butt.

I removed it, in the interest of not having art quite that modern, and then we hopped on the train for another adventure.

Love,

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.