Saturday, June 19, 2010

Calaway Park Trip

Today's trip to Calaway Park was entirely unplanned.

Waking up this morning, and off to deliver a presentation to new employees, regarding a benefit plan that we administer, my intention was to mow the lawn and take care of some chores around the house after the meeting concluded. Calaway Park was not on my radar: we did not buy park passes this year, since Dalton, Ceilidh and Meighan want to spend their summer at the lake.

As I was finishing up my benefits review to about 50 new employees, the manager made an unexpected entrance into the auditorium. "We're having our Annual Family Day Party at Calaway Park today," he announced to his new employees. "If anyone would like to attend, let me know, as I have a few extra tickets."

What a nice gesture to his new employees, I thought. After finishing my presentation, I packed up my things. Heading to the door, I felt someone's hand on my elbow. "Bring your family down too," the manager said, "we really appreciate you coming down to do these presentations to our new employees every month."

I called Anita on the way home. Once I walked in the door, we packed up the kids and drove down to Calaway Park. Ken, the manager, was waiting at the park entrance, met the kids, and gave us park passes, meal vouchers, and some extra spending money to use on the park grounds.

Dalton, Ceilidh and Meighan had a great time. We rode the bumper boats, where Dalton and Ceilidh soaked their Dad, and Meighan went on several of her favorite rides. We left early, as it was really busy at the park and the lines were long.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I had been there with you at the park. Thank you for the wonderful pictures, as well!

    And thanks for saving the money on the passes for Calaway this year.

    Looking forward to sleeping with the whole family every night at the beach.

    On gettng home on Monday, the first thing on my list is to go to Canadian Tire and get tent pegs to hold the corners of the tents down for us.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  2. David says, "Come soon! Today. Please come because there are strawberries growing already. And there are some beautiful flowers and tomatoe plants. I hope you will go to Jungle Mania with me one day. Come soon!"

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.