Friday, June 18, 2010

Paris -The head with the ear in the park

The first thing I heard from Catie, Rebecca and Thomas, was that their apartment was near a park that had a statue of a head with an ear.

Seeing the park made me believe their story.

As well there were a set of pools, with water that flowed from one to another, creating beatiful steps.

No one laughed louder than Rebecca when she ran down one set of the pool steps.

She made it to the bottom, only to slip into the last pool, but only with one foot.

I thought going up the Eiffel tower would be enough to suck all of the possible energy out of Catie and the twins.

In fact, I started suggesting to Catherine that she feed them less.

She doesn't think that will work, either, though she thanked me for that valient idea.

Together the kids and I were testing out the sports option on my new camera.

Tom can run along a promenade.

But even more than that, he can run the promenade, using the benches as hurdles to make his run more interesting.

We ran up and down the pools that surround the park beside the church.

Well, not we ... they.

The only time we got to rest was beside a church building while Catherine and Tom went into a shoe store to check out a new pair of runners for him.

He had either walked, run or skipped the sole of his shoe right off so that there was nothing left for him to walk on.

He could select this shoes, and then get out of the store to meet Rebecca on the steps of the church and make her laugh before Catherine could join us for more of our walk around the streets of Paris.

I continue to have days that I never dreamed I would have.

One of those times I had never previously imagined is that I would have a trip that would intersect with the Jarvis family in Europe.

How is that for more on my "70th Year to Heaven".


Arta

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing my first cousins once removed!! Looks like a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.