Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Meat Pies with Guiness

I rarely have someone come to borrow ingredients for a recipe.

This week, I have had two people pass through my kitchen, just needing an ingredint or two. Moiya needed one-half cup of lemon juice. By the time she came to get it, I had forgotten I was lending it and was on my way down to the beach, so I just about bailed on her, even though I told her I would still be in my kitchen when she came. My memory is shorter than I had thought

Glen also came to borrow -- 3 stalks of celery and some mushrooms for his Guiness Meat pie, the filling of which was to simmer all day and the crust of which was already waiting in his fridge to be rolled out.

When I dropped by Moiya's a few days earlier I had tasted some foccatia bread that was hot from her oven.

I also wandered by Janet's house to see if the meat pies were really all that Wyona had reported they were. Good fortune had let her be there when dinner was served and so she got in on what she calls "a moment of time that may never be repeated".

I didn't get a taste, but I am not worrying about it. I think that when the pies are pronounced "better than anything I have ever tasted in London", there will be more of them prepared in the summer and fall days to come.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.