Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quilting Frames

Quilting frames are a relic of the past.

At least that is what I thought.

Then Miranda told me that she is going to learn to quilt. The old fashioned way. You could have bowled me over with a feather. I thought my quilting days were over.

Moiya brought her quilting stands for us to use, transporting them in from Annis Bay.

Miranda has some yardage -- cotton that Joan, her mother, gave her to use up. So all we need is some batting, some frames and some quilters.

Frames? Where ever am I going to find frames. Both of my sets burned in the garage fire and I haven't missed them until now.
Already many people have turned us down as to helping us quilt.

What kind of excuse is "I have too much arthritis in my hands."

Do give us a phone call if you are "in" for a weekend of quilting. Or even a few hours will do.

Miranda is not the only one into the fabric arts.

Moiya showed me a picture of a beautiful bag on Michelle Wood's arm, one Michelle had made herself.

Wyona has a new sewing machine ... as of the fall.

Playing with fabric?

Not a bad hobby.

Anyone else joining us?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.