Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sunday Night Dinner Conversation

"What kind of vegetarian is Bonnie," someone asked at Lurene and Tim Oldham’s Mexican food dinner party.

“Oh, she just doesn’t like the taste and texture of meat.”

“What about you, Lurene. What are you?”

“A political vegetarian.”

“Ah, the worst kind,” someone said and others nodded in agreement. Moved by politics. No one in the group had the energy to take on an argument with a political vegetarian.

So in the spirit of peace, and because Tonia asked me to send some of my lentil recipes to Lurene, I send you my best lentil tip, Lurene.

I have to send a tip, for all of my vegetarian recipes are at the lake.

My tip?

For satisfaction, find a simple dahl recipe, one that takes onions, lentils and some spices with heat, and have it as a back-up in the fridge. Use it as a temptation for others around you when they are eating their Alberta beef. Some might be swayed by the delicious aroma of your dahl.

Viva la vegetarianism and smart politics. And thanks for a lovely visit to your house. what was wrong with me. I should have gone out and looked at your garden in the back. Just didn't have the time.

Love,

Arta

1 comment:

  1. All hail Arta's vegetarian soups. My colleagues find the smell of my food warming up unbearable since they know their left-overs will not compare.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.