Saturday, October 16, 2010

A NY Times review of Boris Godunov

Hello,

Today I checked out the New York Times review for the Oct 23 performance of Boris Godunov.

What the NY Daily News says is no less interesting.

If that isn't enough, look what the Opera Tattler has to say.

I will be in Salmon Arm at the Classic Shalomar for the performance.

I have never been to an opera that was five hours long before.

Do you think I need to buy my ticket ahead? I don't want to get to the door and have it sold out.

Will I have to take a lunch and two snacks?

Will I be alone or with other loved ones?

Can I find time to listen to some u-tube clips or alternately borrow a CD from the library and listen to some of the themes.

So much excitement.

Arta

PS Essential Russian words to know if you perform in this opera: blood and tears. Didn't you just love that line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.