Monday, November 8, 2010

Beginning to Think About Barcelona

Joaquim has some great books on Spain on the front room table. When leaving to come to Calgary I lifted one – first I looked to see if it was a book I would like.

Yes.

Barcelona: City Guide, and I couldn’t see how he would miss it until I got back, since there were so many other books left on the table for him.

Unfortunately it was a library book, and he keeps pretty good track about when they are due, so he has had to keep renewing it, and I have had to deal with a bit of guilt. Still I congratulate myself on my good taste – a 2010 book and one of those Guide at a Glance books that teaches you quickly how to get around to the information you might need.

I already have one book: Spain – The Mediterranean Cuisine that jumped off of the shelf and into my cart when I was going through the gourmet food section at Winners. Five paragraphs on a region and then a dish well known in that region, besides 7 to 10 pictures of how to prepare it and a half page dish on the finished product. I have been looking at that book, but have become fearful that I might be eating more sardines than I had imagined before planning this trip.

There is never time to kill, but I had dropped Kelve off at the Dr.s office and Chapters Store beckoned me. The trip to Spain is on my mine. And still with some residual guilt about lifting Joaquim’s book I walked right to the travel section to buy a book or two of my own. Two looked great: 19 Day Walks in Barvelona; Fedor’s Barcelona.

I had only driven two blocks away from the store when I thought to myself, if I were sitting beside me, I would be saying, “Arta, nice book. Too bad that your eyes aren’t good enough yet to read the size of font it is printed in. You will be back from Spain before you can really read it.”

With that, I turned around and took the book back to Chapters. I shall stay with the regional cookbook and what I can read from Joaquim’s book until I return it to him next weekend.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Wish you were here in Barcelona, all of you! Greg read tonight that their is a 3 week Christmas celebration on the Ramblas starting on Dec.3. Should be spectacular!! Wyona

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.