Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 4 Hop on Hop off









Greg is back sleeping in bed while I download my pictures and blog. I think today that I will not reformat my STD card until I know the pictures are saved. I cannot figure out how to savethem. Somebody help me! The save icon will not highlight.
This morning I woke and searched for a watch to see the time: 9:45 a.m. and breakfast is over at 10:00 a.m. So I woke Greg, got dressed in 2 minutes, Greg chose to stay in bed. I asked at the desk if I could take something up to my husband; yes was the answer. Made Greg hot chocolate, stuffed two croissants with cheese and ham, poured Greg some milk. By then the desk clerk had the waiter bring me a tray to carry the stuff. How nice! Especially since the sign says no taking food out of the breakfast room.
By time we got to the Hop On Hop Off bus it was just after noon. I knew from freezing while riding the Hop On Off bus in Rome that I needed to dress warm. I left with two sweaters, one coat, one regular scarf, one wool large scarf, one XXL scarf like blanket...which I was sharing with Greg by time 8:00 p.m. came.

Our first trip was 2 hrs. 15 minutes. Then we tripped right over to the second bus tour li
ne and took another 2 hr. ride. I was taking pictures but after an hour, my battery on the camera went dead. Another lesson learned. Always charge the camera battery along with your own. Don't you just love this crab statue which is by the seaside. I must confess, I was falling asleep on the second bus ride; jet lag was there. I could not stay awake. So after the second trip we began to walk down the Ramblas to our hotel where I could take a wee nap. However after 15 minutes of walking, we spied a tourist information center. Got information about
the funicular rides,this was number one on Greg's list at the time. Changed plans and took the first bus ride again so that we could get off at the funicular. We arrived at the funicular 3 minutes before closing. Ran to get a ticket...we
could only get a one way to the top of the steep hill to visit Montjuic Castle. The girl selling tickets had already closed her cash so the guy waiting on us just told us to hop on as the car was moving. A great free ride it was! There was a beautiful view of the harbour from the top. Could not find the regular bus to go down so we walked down until we got to our Hop On Off bus stop. Food for the day consisted of water, croissants from breakfast, cheese from the airport lounge, a few Catalonian sweets, and coffee crisps. Greg said he had never had so much fun food! By time we got back to the hotel he was changing his mind but fatigue overtook him before eating.
What you see is an elephant standing on his trunk.

We arrived back at the original bus stop on the last bus of the day...just after

9 p.m. Then we walked down the Ramblas to our hotel. Since there was gelato everywhere for sale, I had to buy some to eat. I will paste some more pictures of the first hour of the day. Good thing that the battery went dead. I'm not very good
at wrapping the words around my pictures. Any ideas?

A tree trunk passing by. My pictures are everywhere and I have no control over them. I am just going to let them be wherever they choose to rest. I should have learned more when Marcia was teaching me.
Greg remembered going on the funicular in Malaysia when we used to take the troups on for a ride. I wonder if any of those kids remember anything!
Hey I lost the crab picture. I have to get it back. Maybe I will get Glen on the rock back, also. I got the crab back but I lost the pigeons! Help!











3 comments:

  1. Holy Cadoodle! What a mess! My blog looked way better than that before I sent it out. Better luck next time Wyona. Maybe the blog chiefs should do some editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We understood everything... with a little scrolling back when you told us it was an elephant upside down... I would never have guessed. Sounds like a wonderful trip so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    The Queen of HTML-CODING says you are doing just fine. Keep writing text. Keep putting up pictures. I am loving it. I could tell that was Greg under the blankets in the hotel. Only you would think it was important to take pictures of birds on the ground. And I loved the windows in the pink building. Keep having fun! I love reading about it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.