Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hopefully Gone On TIme













This ceramic mosaic is found in the underground metro on the wall. Many of the metros are galleries in themselves.













Greg returned to the hotel after 3 p.m today. He visited the embassy a couple of times and the police station. He had to get four sponsors to verify that his passport was stolen...he used the London office staff. He is hoping it will be done in the morning but supposedly 3p.m. at the latest. We had today left on the buses, so off we went.
Barcelona is an amazing, beautiful city. It has its Gothic charm, modern charm and just very clean. Two days does not do it justice. Every building is unique, none of them looking the same but y
et can be identified as Catalonian with the mosaic, color, marble everywhere and an abundance of character. Why did Joaquim ever leave?

The harbour is amazing, the hills go right to the harbor. Gaudi is no. 1 man here. The night closeup is the last residence he engineered before his death. I found out on line today that our ship has no laundry facilities. So it is off in the morning to the laundermat.

The tall dark statue on a post is Columbus. His index finger is actually one meter long, if you can go that high.

I think we have to pay for internet on the ship.

Wyona

1 comment:

  1. Nathan here:
    Hey Grandpa! Stop losing important things. Tonia's is teaching me how to blog and this is my first comment. Tonia is also hijacking my email account to write this comment (Tonia: not true.) I hope you like it.
    Enjoy Barthelona!
    PS. Bring me back a bull fighting cape so I can use it on my sisters'.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.