Friday, November 12, 2010

Greg in Toulon France





We are in Toulon France now. How long were you here Trent? Just a few pictures to follow. Still just practicing. Pictures are from Day 6. Wrote the post yesterday. Wishing you were all here!!























101111Day5 Doral or Arta, I think I may be writing too much so should you set up my own blog within this blog? I don’t want to hog the space.
So much can happen in one day. Greg retrieved his new WHITE temporary passport for $250.00. Now that would buy about four excursions from the ship into Europe. I did hear Greg say he needed it to happen to him because he used to loose patience with other Canadians who came into his office having lost their passports. I was happy we both got on the ship. Greg came on with me and then walked back into Barcelona for one hour to retrieve our laundry, not to be finished until 1 p.m.
After seeing him off, I decided to get a drink, (we each bought the unlimited soft drink package) and then the lunch buffet looked wonderful so I tucked our two refillable cups into my purse and got myself a plate to take back to the room and enjoy. I got to the room and remembered I left my key card in the room. Dropped my plate of food and two glasses by the door and went down from ninth floor to fourth floor and the other end of the ship to get a new key.
Ran back up to the room because I did not want anyone stealing my refillable cups. Whee! The food and drinks were there. I opened the door put my purse and drinks in the room. Went back out into the hall to retrieve my food and cutlery and Wham! The door shut on me. Locked out again. I felt too stupid to go get another key so I just took my food and walked to the middle of the ship, got a book from the library and I ate and read, waiting for Greg to let me in. Two hours later I got the bell boy who was putting our luggage in the room to let me in. Greg walked in twenty minutes later.
So far, we are just loving it! Stood on the bow of the ship deck to watch the boat leave harbour. I don’t know which was colder, the top of the hop on off bus or standing waiting for the boat to leave the harbor. Dinner was at six, I had prime rib and Greg had pork medallions, along with appetizers and dessert. Greg sat down at the table for 10 people and there were only six of us, looked at me queerly and asked if we had to eat with these people every night. Yes, you are assigned a table! Greg was amazed that after dinner he did not have to pay. I downed three drinks while eating and then we headed off to the Pacific Theatre for the live show. Tomorrow is a live Broadway Show but I don’t remember the name. Stopped in the lobby on the way back and did some dancing to the live group playing; not too many people up dancing but we did anyway. Then the Latin American band began at 10:00 p.m. and people came out of the woodwork; hips a moving everywhere. Greg sat on the bed, put his head back and was snoring in one minute.
Tomorrow is Toulon France. I think Greg said he was going to get up when he felt like it, go into Toulon for a few hours and then come back. Internet costs 65 cents a minute, but if you buy a package, the price goes down. Don’t know what I will do yet.
Greg is happy, we have BBC world in our room. Doesn’t seem like we are going to spend much time in the room. Moiya and Dave, you will love your cruise. Most people on the ship have cruised many times before.
Pictures here from the ship in Toulon France.

1 comment:

  1. You are not writing too much, Wyona You are not hogging the blog. Tell us more. Do not stop. I want to sit at the dinner table with you. How were the songs from the Broadway Show. Are you and Greg the best dancers on the floor.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.