Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas in Montreal and Spain


Church of the Sagrada Familia
Kelvin began Christmas in Montreal this week, Catherine reminding him to bring his Disability Parking Sticker so that they can park close enough to the holiday season musical and drama venues – like Handel's Messiah and perhaps the National Theatre’s performance of Shakespeare's Hamlet.

I am preparing to go to Spain. By my side,I have one of the Cardogan Guides, Barcelona & Catalonia, and in my spare minutes I read about public transit or how to take the tourist buses once I get there. As well I picked up new videos about Spain from the Louise Riley Library. I cleaned their video shelves out and have enjoyed the Walks with an Architect Series that took me to the Church of the Sagrada Familia. Since I am watching everything the library had, I have also seen a 2 disc performance called Live in Barcelona by Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band. I wonder how many Catalonians got to see that concert. I can guess from the 1000’s fans waving their arms and flashing their cell phone lights in the audience.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you will love it! Bring a lighter coat and be prepared to walk and ride. Keep an eye out for your purse while you are looking up at the Cathedral, hands might be going into your pockets down below.

    It is an overwhelming structure and so intensely beautiful. You can stare at each side for hours and continue to see new elements, representations of objects and the details of the art. The inside 'forest' is stunning and get the recording to listen to as you walk around. Beautiful information about an phenomenal architect.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.