Sunday, December 26, 2010

Scorcese on Bob Dylan


Bob Dylan
 In the past I have mocked people who take their scriptures on their holidays hoping they can catch up on reading they have missed during their regular lives. I have done the same thing coming to Catalunya, bringing Bob Dylan´s biography Chronicles with me on my holiday. I can´t read until I get glasses. But I couldn´t leave home without a book in my hand in case a miracle happened and I could read again.

        One of sorts, did. Joaquim´s brother, Jordi, is a Bob Dylan fan. He has all of his albums but 2, and last night he was watching Sccrcese´s Bob Dylan – which I don´t know if I should call a documentary or a biography. Never mind. It is hard to call Todd Haynes I´m Not There (2007) a biopic, either, since it is a fiction built on incidents around the life of Dylan.


Blanchett as Bob Dylan
       Jordi´s passion for Dylan includes not only Dylon´s music, but even which band members played with him during which periods. He can name them, and points out all the Canadian musicians for us.

What made me laugh last night is that I saw the real Bob Dylan, as I watched the Scorsese film with Jordi and I thought to myself, ¨Hey, Bob Dylan looks like Cate Blanchett dressed up like Bob Dylan,¨ which is how we saw the fictional Bob Dylan in the Haynes pic.

       And that was how I ended my Christmas Day adventure. I wasn´t reading a book, but it felt like I was.

Arta


1 comment:

  1. One of Greg's favorite singers is Bob Dylan. Before I came onto the scene, he knew all of Bob Dylan's songs. Maybe he still does. We have a number of his CD's in our collection.Too bad Greg was not there.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.