Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Space Reserved for Zoe


A formidable Cribbage opponent
Zoe and I play cribbage at least once a week, ... which means I get soundly trounced once a week.  She can find runs that I have missed, looks for the Jack that matches the card turned up on the top of the pile, and takes great delight when she gets the two points for hitting thirty one with her cards.

If her eyes are cast down, as they are in this picture, beware.  She is looking down and holding a set of cards in her hands that will make you tremble when she starts counting the points. 

You may be just about to be left in the stink hole, something else that delights her more than it delights me.

When Zoe and I read this blog next, I will get her to fill in other games she likes to play. 

Charise was telling me that Zoe killed her in 3 chess moves last week.  Apparently Greg has been teaching the girls to play Chess.  Lasting three moves is two moves more than I would survive when playing chess with anyone.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to have you a game of crib when I get back to Calgary. Your picture is beautiful Zoe.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.