Friday, January 14, 2011

The water hits the shoreline

This is what I saw the morning I went down to photograph the sunrise in Calella.

I didn't see a bit of pink.

The day light came as the waves hit the shore. But no sunrise. I had the fun of seeing if I could catch the waves as they made their final dash to the sand.

Three colours of blue.

The top line of deep royal blue surged forward and spilled over itself as it dashed itself on the water ahead of it.

A lovely line of spray jumped up vertically in front of it.

Then there was the third section, the foam that resulted, sweeping up onto the sand in front of me.

I never had to move out of its way, once I sat on the sand next to it.

An even rhythm lapped the shoreline that morning.
A few times a bird flew overhead.

I was not fast enough to get the gull in my viewfinder.

I was still waiting for the sunrise, keeping my camera trained on the water, long after daylight had arrived.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about my last trip abroad. I let my passport expire, but had reason recently to re-awaken the traveller in me. Your blog posts have brought back wonderful memories for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you replied to this very old post. Nice for me to go back and see what I thought was so beautiful. I can't say how much I enjoyed that trip. Joaquim's relatives were so hospitable to me.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.