Friday, January 28, 2011

Pie for Breakfast

Mini Pies in Muffin Tins
Mary’s friend, Anne Marie, is going to do a photo shoot.

Mary offered to make some small rustic pies for the event.

My only job was to see that there was a new bag of flour at home.
Another of Mary’s friends has a small set of cutters – ones that are just the right size for cutting letters used to decorate cakes.

The evil dog had to be kept out of the kitchen. He had done his damage earlier.

When Naomi said to me, “Grandma, you spilled peanut soup on the dog’s mouth when you fed him”, that is the moment I knew that he had been up on the table and the contents of the soup container I was cooling had to be thrown out.

The making of the soup previous to that event had not gone smoothly, either.

The onions we chopped for the soup were so potent, everyone not in the kitchen, headed for the basement.

Light brown or golden for you?
When I blended the hard crystals of instant chicken bouillon in some boiling water the lid of the blender flew off so I got to mop half of the kitchen floor.

When I ground cracked pepper into the boiling pot of vegetables, the top screw of the green pepper grinder fell into the broth.

Lisa and I had to take the vegetables out and strain the broth to find the missing piece.

Then that dog who was beginning to endear himself to me, supped on the product of my labours.

Leftovers, anyone?
Making the pies was infinitely easier.

One of the charming results had a candle in it for breakfast and a birthday song was sung to Lisa.

Diving with a fork into a piece of pie for breakfast -- a great way to start the day and a new year.

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.