Thursday, January 27, 2011

Soap and Salmon

So, I said that I was going to go buy soap. We're down to 3 or 4 bars. I know from my mother that you're supposed to buy 60 bars and let them all sit out in theair to harden. Then the soap bars last instead of going all soft while in use.

So... I asked what kind Miranda would like. We had bought some hand made soaps at shuswap during a farmers market.

She said let's buy that.

I said, do you think we'd get a bulk deal? We'll be buying a ton.

Miranda says "Lets make it then".
There is a soap making company in Calgary. I go down there and ask for 'plug and play' soap kit. The scent will be Lavender, and maybe mint as per Miranda's direction.

I finish purchasing what I want (an oatmeal scrub with cirtus smell for myself)... and as I am paying the two people say "are you Trell's brother"?

Turns out they are Trell's friends from years and years ago. One of the many Franks.

So here are pictures of my batch in process. I stole the muffin cups from Arta's house. The salmon and the muffin tins are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I can't find the salmon tin. Since I might want to use it, where is it in the picture so I will know what I am looking for when I come over to your house to borrow it?

    And when you did the cost analysis on your project, did you find out how much cheaper it is to make your own soap?

    I am not very happy when I am through some of my projects and say to myself, "It would have been cheaper to buy it!"

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.