Friday, January 14, 2011

Too close for comfort

I received a gift from the Jarvis family, a troll that they picked up when they were in Norway. 

The gift is too close for comfort ... to see mythogically what I might look like in the life of a Troll.

Take a look at the hair -- a perfect match.  The sweater looks like the grey and white one that I bought at Eddie Bauer.  That shock of hair down by the feet is attached to a (hidden) tail.  The four-toed foot looks like my feet when I bind two of the toes together each morning, for better walking. 

And if that Troll's hands don't have arthritis, I can predict it will be there soon by the bend of the fingers.

The blush on the cheeks comes to me naturally when I get over-excited.

The size of the ears is a metaphor, and one I can't help -- for if there is a sound, any sound, I am trying to take it in.

Now how cute is that Troll, even if it is too close for comfort.

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.