Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beading Tools

Xavier is holding some of Mary's beading tools for me. I take the beads off of the wire that Mary spins them on and wash the beads. The brushes are used to clean the mud out of the inside core of the beads.  Mary warned me that the mud she uses to hold the bead on is carcinogenic, and with that in mind I used the tools with gusto.

About half way through getting the beads cleaned, I noticed that the middle one, which used to have bristles on it, now only had half of its bristles.

I few minutes later, I noticed it had no bristles and now is  only a stick of metal, like the two on either side of it that are supposed to look that way.

Whoops.

Perhaps I have been scrubbing the insides of the beads with too much vigor.

I asked her and she gave me a lesson. 

I was cleaning the core as though I was attacking a germ infested corner.  Only a gentle scrub is needed.

I owe Mary one new tool.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.