Saturday, February 12, 2011

My report on seeing Cats by Xavier Brooks

Aunt Rebecca asked me how the show, Cats, was.

I went to Cats with my mother. It was really good. Our seats were in row G. The tickets were a gift from my mother’s friend. My favourite Cat was Mr. Mistopheles. Magic was in the show. Ribbons popped out of nowhere. The cat who was a magician shot fire as well.

The set was a dump yard and there was full moon. The costumes were really good. The actors looked like big cats. Their hands, their faces, their whole bodies. They had cat-like movement. We looked at songs on the Internet before we went to the show, so I knew some of them. Rumpleteaser and Mumblejerry, the twins, were funny as well.

Duncan called me on the phone this week. The next day, I called him. We like to talk and figure out how to use our computers.

Tomorrow I am giving a talk in Sunday Schho on Nebachanezzar, and Meshack, Shaddrack and Abednego. I am going to share how I learned to say their names. Grandma taught me the trick that her father taught her. You just need to remember My Shack, Your Shack and A Bungalow.

Xavier Brooks

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Grandma,

    Getting Xavier's talk ready has been fun. Many times we had to go to google because even with both of our heads together, we couldn't understand everything we were reading.

    1. We didn't know how high the image was that Nebuchanezzar had built of himself, since it was 9 cubits high. We found out it was 10 feet across and 80 feet high.

    2. We didn't know the sount of a psaltery or a dulcimer. But if you type those words into google you will get both the image and a quick movie of someone playing the instruement.

    3. Xavier can name all of the instruments that are mentioned in the orchestra that plays the sound, on hearing which, everyone was to kneel down: cornet, trumpet, harp, trombone, psaltery and dulcimer. How cool is that and what fun would it be to reconstruct such an musical group. We don't have any of those instruments here, but we could add some bongo drums for added rythmic effect.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.