Monday, February 7, 2011

Sassy Bead

I bundled up Mary's beads and rode into Ottawa with her today. 

She was off to work. 

I wandered down to the jewellery story where Zoe used to work:  Sassy Bead.

When I laid the beads down on the table and asked for help getting them into a necklace the clerk did a double-take and then said, "Wow, where did you get those beads.  I would be happy if I had just one of them."

"This one," she said, pointing to the middle chartreuse bead.

Mary was back at work so she didn't get to hear the compliment.  It is she, not I who can spin glass into beads.

My task to figure out how much irregularity I should use when placing the beads on the string.  No use in defaulting to symetry.

I had 3 sets of black and white beads to string for Mary and I only got to one of them.

While I was threading wire through the beads, the clerk was looking at an ivory and blue set of beads, muttering something about not being able to contain herself, wanting to mix some brass and ivory spaces into that set when I am  ready to string them.

Tomorrow there will be enough time to give this project another try -- another day where I line up beads and put the finishing touch on Mary's interesting hobby.

Tomorrow is the day when Mary will get the first necklace of the intermediate beading class around her neck and wear them to work.

I have hundreds of hobby projects yet to be completed. Feels good to see someone else take the whole thing to the hoop.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. We made many a trip to Sassy Beads. Zoe got a half price discount. It was great!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.