Saturday, March 5, 2011

Roses at the right price


Naomi looks for good balance
Mary found some roses for 50% off the regular price.

"A good deal," she said. "If I buy them at this price I can already see if the blossoms are coming out. If I buy them when they are still in bud, sometimes they just droop and die on me."

We enjoyed the bouqet at we ate together at night.

The next day both girls decided to rearrange the flowers.
I am putting this thee, myself!

Rhiannon has her own ideas about what should happen, especially with the bird they had just bought at the dollar store for crafts.

I couldn't tell if the bird was headed for a swim at the bottom of the vase, or if she was going to try to attach it to the lip of the glass, which was too thick for the little wire feet on which it sat.

Either way it didn't matter, for soon they were getting out chiffon ribbons and making bridal bouquets.

Then Mary joined in the merriment, making headbands to which it was possible to attach roses.
Why is this hurting?

By the time I had my camera out, Rhiannon was asking the question to which opened up the space in which we could teach the word thorn.

"That decoration on your headband is hurting because of a thorn."

Mary believes that our is the only house in Canada today, where the flowers were swept, mopped and then strewn with rose petals as the flowers went from vases, to bouquetss, to headpieces, and back into vases.

Three cheers for roses for $7.

A lovely afternoon's entertainment.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.