Saturday, March 5, 2011

Geometric Mechanotherapy


Geometric Mechantherapy
Image from National Gallery Website
 Of the 50 items on display at the Gallery's It is what it is  exhibit, this might have been my least favorite: Steven Shearer's Geometric Mechanotherapy.

I wouldn't have said anything about it, but Mary put Vernissage: The Magazine of the National Gallery of Canada into my hands tonight, for the magazine comes with a family yearly subscription to the Gallery.

I was reading that this piece was selected by a national jury to ge shown at the Venic Biennale, the most prestigious contemporary art event in the world.

Sounds keep coming from the pipes. That was the piece about the work that I didn't like, because when I was in the room looking at the other art installations there, I was always aware of the gurgling, eruptive, flushing, wheezing sounds coming from Shearer's work.

No accounting for taste.

On this point, it is me who is not keeping up.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.