Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy 80th Birithday, Kelvin Thomas

Happy Birthday from Rebecca

So... in no particular order, here are 10 of my many happy memories of being parented by you:

1. listening to you play “Flight of the Bumblebees” on the piano. I couldn’t believe it was possible for fingers to move so fast over the keys....also listening to you play "Claire de Lune".

2. having you sing “76 trombones” (which includes in my memory the feeling of being held or bounced)

3. you would let me stand on your feet, hold on to your hands, and then you would walk around.

4. I loved walking up your legs and then flipping over.

5. you wrestling and playing with us kids ... and how you would lay on your back on the floor, let us lean against your legs, and then flip us over.

6. sitting on your lap or snuggled beside you for the Friday night horror movie (I couldn’t have sat through them without you beside me)

7. many daddy-daughter dates, including to see Tommy The Rock Opera (which none of my friends got to go see)

8. you coming to my band concert in grade 7... you sitting beside me with your arm around my shoulders.

9. driving to Barnwell with you for a visit (I think I was the only one who went with you on that trip) and listening to you tell stories about your childhood
10. you reading the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings outloud to us at night time
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kelvin! Wonderful list of memories Rebecca. Dad's are great!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.