Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Round of Water for the Morning

Many years ago my dentist asked if I wanted a dental procedure that would help me keep my teeth until I was 70.

“No thanks,” I said. “I am going to die when I am 56?”

“How do you know that,” said Ellis.

“Oh, my mother died when she was 55 and my maternal grandmother died when she was 54, so I am not expecting to live much longer than that,” I added.

“Just on the off chance that you live longer than that, he said, “why don’t we go ahead and give this a try.”

I was thinking about that interchange this week, for a new dental hygienist told me that I should use a waterpik and suggested that I purchase one at London Drugs – which I did about six months ago, but have not taken it out of the box.

I brought it on my holiday to Montreal and Ottawa and still the cellophane is around it.

This morning I took the box upstairs and asked Thomas if he would help me put the equipment together.

Soon all four of us were gathered around it, looking at the pump and the water reservoir.

We were experimenting with all of on/off switch and the pause buttons, but we couldn’t get either to work.

That is, it didn’t work until I was on one side of the table and the three of them were on the other side of the table.

At the moment when all systems were a go, the water pik was pointed right at my face.

Thomas had a hard time finding the off button.

Nobody laughed louder than the kids.

That is, until they all took it to the sink to have a try with spraying it in their mouths.

Then the laughter rose to a new level.

That was a great round of morning entertainment.

We finally had to stop and walk ourselves to the school bus stop.


I wondered if this unit would be good for waterfights at the lake, but it is only good for 5 minutes and then needs a two hour rest to preserve its motor.

Too bad it only took me six months to get the package open.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.