Monday, March 14, 2011

The Tea Party

The Barbie Guests
Catherine has amazing toys in her basement.

One of the treasures is a miniature glass, tea party set.

When a little girl sees what is in that box, her work has only started.

Rhiannon played tea party with her mom and the dolls while the rest of us went to choir practise before Sacrament Meeting.

They joined us an hour later on the second pew when church began.

I wouldn't have known that the Barbies came to church as well until I heard Catherine start to giggle.

She leaned over to me, pointing to Mary at the far end of the pew and said, "Mary just discovered a mistake and is now holding a noise maker in church.  Apparently it was my singing Barbie that she brought along with her to entertain Rhiannon."

Mary was horrified when she heard the music start.  She grabbed the doll and tucked it under sweater and squeezed it to make the noise stop.  That tight squeeze started the mechanism going again and the tighter she pressed, the more it kept playing. 

"I felt silly walking out of church with a singing doll hiding under my sweater. How hidden could it really be with all of that noise going on. But I couldn't stop it," she said.

Would you like a plate of this?
No wonder the little figures had to come to church as far as Rhiannon was concerned.

Pre-church there had been breakfast to get on those plates.

Tea to be poured. Dishes to be passed. And everyone to be packed up and carried over to church.

A Happy Sabbath Day. 

And in case I have given the impression, that I wasn't listening in church, as well as enjoying the side events, the Bishop said that he looked out over the congregation and could count people from every continent, but Oceania and that there were many instances of people from over 20 countries there.

Besides that, I conducted the choir.

Who knew?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.