Sunday, March 6, 2011

TIME FOR PEDICURE!






Saturday morning, the 5th, Lurene calls me up out of the blue. I won't say she got me about of bed - oops! i just did - anyway she asks me if I wanted to get pedicures with her. Heck yeah! And we had Zoe come with us too. One of the closest spots to both of us is a place called Four Nails...
...the first four nails are free...
-Actually it's called FLORA Nails but I misheard Lurene.

I had never had a pedicure before so I was surprised when the chair I was sitting on started to move. Turns out the chairs were massaging our backs. The upper back, the lower back, the whole back, compression, percussion, kneading, 'thumbing', 'swirling' - and of course there was reclining and inclining.
I wasn't sure if I had to press my back into the chair or just like it relax. It was hard to relax with all that movement going on.
The ladies in charge of Flora Nails were all Asian. They had the one token man on their staff.
Lurene got to her 'foot' or 'feet' bath first. They did all of us at the same time. They started with Lurene's feet. Then they did mine, lastly they did Zoe's.

They even rubbed in cream and massaged our legs up to our knees.
SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! on the calves. KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! on the undersides of our feet.
Cuticles pushed back and other bits of skin around the nail cut off.

Zoe cuts her toe nails like she does her finger nails; in a point. What if she gets and in grown toenail because of that? The lady who did her toe nails didn't haven't to cut much off.

The lady who worked on my feet brought out this scraper that scratched away all the dry skin off the undersides of my feet. I thought that would hurt, like using the stone you get at the Body Shop but this tickled a lot. I tried to keep still as best I could. Not only was I the only girl of the three to have dry skin on my feet, I had a lot of it. Almost two handfuls worth.

Lurene's nails are coloured with a glorious shining purple and pink, stylized with white and green flowers complete with sparkles and black poppy centres.

Zoe's has chosen a cool hue of dazzling blue, accentuated with the bright pink outlines of hearts and five pedal flowers.

Yours truly's nails celebrate St. Patrick's Day, with their shocking delicious green and 3 & 4 leaf clovers done in white. The sparkle brings the viewer's eye up the same to the luck of the Irish.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I thought the photos were from a magazine, because the toes looked like they were photographed on sand. Then the descriptions of the colour and whose toes were whose made me think I was seeing the real thing. On a closer I could see that the photo shoot was on a rug.

    Thanks for all of the work with the words and the camera and the set up, Charise.

    I, too, have had a pedicure.

    Once.

    I liked it!

    Artta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that's supposed to be STEM not same. It's amazing how many gramatic typos one can make and yet the spelling's correct

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What beautiful toes! I had a pedicure once in the Malaysia. After that I always did it myself. I did not want to give up the time now the money to get a pedicure. You will have to keep those nails in shape for the summer. I want someone to do my toes. But that would be a waste because I would just put my shoes with orthodics back on and noone would see my toes. I am one of the first generation of sister trips. Nice to see the tradition being carried on.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.