Friday, April 1, 2011

Lucia di Lammermoor


Lucia -- 2008
The encore performance of Lucia di Lammermoor is Saturday, April 2nd 11 am at the Crowfoot Cineplex, though it may also be at a theatre closer to you.

I saw my first production of this opera in 2008, one done by David Alden with Anna Christy, singing the title role.  The set was sombre and dark.

I am looking foward to another go at the opera tomorrow,  albeit, on film.

The Film Journal reviews what I am more likely to see in Saturday's performance and has a great picture of the set.  Just the picture second picture in the link is enough to make a person want to attend the opera.

The New York Times reviewer like the tenor's voice. 

I loved Natalie Dessay in La Fille du Regiment, so am looking foward to watching her in a serious role.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Joaquim and I love going to the opera out here in the Shuswap. Joaquim has to choose whether his wisdom teeth will be taken out on the Saturday of Il Trovatore or Die Valkure. Which opera would you sacrifice for the sake of your teeth.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.