Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mike Johnson, Part III

Are you guys really talking about the Bible?
There is time to talk when three people are in the delivery room and the baby is on its way.

Since we knew a little boy would be arriving we began to talk about his name.

"Michael," his mom said.

"A good Biblical name," I said.

"Yes," she replied, "Michael, the Arc Angel."

"Well, that is odd," I replied. "Not too many people have last names in the Bible."
I am learning to sleep through Bible quiz, even with this thing on my hand.

There was a long pause.

Miranda said, "Well, we have Mary Magdalene."

"Hey, Richard," I said. "I don't like it that the little girl from the Catholic School is beating us at Bible Quiz Time. And she has the handicap of being in labour besides.  Quick.  Pull something out of your Mormon seminary arsenal."

Nothing was forthcoming.

"Pontius Pilate," I said. "And Judas Isacriot."

"Looks like only the bad ones have last names," Richard teased.

Home Sweet Home for now.  The ICU --  all the care a guy could ever want!
Then our conversation continued down another path.

But I have been left trying to figure out other Biblical last names.  All I can come up with is Simon Bar Jonah. I am not getting an A for my effort in this regard.

Mike (last name, Johnson) and his mom are staying in the hospital tonight and maybe tomorrow night.

Why not?

The food is on time and can be ordered off the menu.

The beds are warm.

And Mikey needs to be attached to his intravenous for a little while longer.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and a lovely name. Congradulations to all!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.