Saturday, September 24, 2011

Upcoming Dates for London National Theatre Live

Hello,

I was looking for the dates for the Encore performance of One Man, Two Govnors.  I couldn't find anything in Calgary.  I did find the dates and small precises about the upcoming next three performance which I have copied and pasted below.  For more details go to National Theatre Live Website.

Such a joy to go to my local theatre and for $20, see performances like these.

So ... mark the following on your calendar:

The Kitchen - October 6, 2011

THE KITCHEN features an ensemble of 30 people and is set in a kitchen, using real food and with actors actually cooking and preparing food on stage -- it is a tour de force spectacle and has been frequently performed all throughout Europe since its first appearance.

COLLABORATORS - December 1, 2011

COLLABORATORS, opening in October is a new play by John Hodge (screenwriter of Trainspotting, Shallow Grave, The Beach) directed by National Theatre Artistic Director Nicholas Hytner. The play centers on an imaginary encounter between Joseph Stalin and the playwright Mikhail Bulgakov (best known for his novel The Master and Margarita); Alex Jennings (The Habit of Art) will play Bulgakov and Simon Russell Beale (London Assurance) will play Stalin

The Comedy of Errors - March 1, 2012

I in earth, in heaven, or in hell?
Sleeping or waking? mad or well advised?
Known unto these, and to myself disguised!

Two sets of twins separated at birth collide in the same city without meeting for one crazy day, as multiple mistaken identities lead to confusion on a grand scale. And for no one more so than Antipholus of Syracuse and his servant Dromio who, in search of their brothers, arrive in a land entirely foreign to their distant home. A buzzing metropolis, to the outsiders it appears a place of wonderment and terror, where baffling gifts and unexplained hostilities abound.

Do you know me, sir? Am I Dromio? Am I your man? Am I myself?

Consistently recognised by strangers, the visitors question their very selves as the turmoil escalates. Meanwhile, Aegeon, father to the Antipholus twins, has been captured searching for his sons and, as an illegal immigrant, is sentenced to death at sunset. Shakespeare's furiously paced comedy will be staged in a contemporary world into which walk three prohibited foreigners who see everything for the first time. Lenny Henry plays Antipholus of Syracuse.

2 comments:

  1. These are all Thursdays. I have choir on Thursdays. Perhaps I can find an encore performance sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a no-brainer to me, Tonia. Lucky you to be in a choir. Yes. Choir first and other entertainment second. Wish you lived close enough that I could come and hear you sing. Remember the last performance at the Jack Singer? Now that was fun!

    As to the encore performances, don't you just love them as well, at least at the opera? I don't know if the London National Theatre does encore -- since I saw it advertized, but couldn't find an encore performance for One Man, Two Guvnors, anywhere in Calgary. The problem might be that I might have to do better internet searches.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.