Sunday, February 5, 2012

An Attic Room of My Own

When my sisters left for Calgary, I changed bedrooms.  Now I have an attic room with 10 foot high walls, a gabled roof, two sky-lights, a pine armoire, chest of drawers and vanity.  The full bath right off of my bedroom is spacious and has its own white-six drawer.  Not just six drawers, but six empty drawers.  Delicious, I thought.  A score for me.  Living on the third floor means that someone really has to want to see me to get to my bedroom.

Today I discovered that if I don’t want to run up and down those stairs all day as I have been doing, I have to pack a bag, just like I am leaving home.  With everything I will need for the day, I am only going down to the main floor where the kitchen and living room are situated.  The only thing I don’t have to take along with me is my Oyster Pass, it seems.

Someone else’s kitchen is fun.  We have six burners and five pots, so no matter how excited I get about making food, I can’t fill all of the burners with pots.  I have never used gas before – so I am intimidated a bit and it took two lessons to figure out how to get that burner fired up without letting too much gas escape. 

This is a sugarless and flourless house so I don’t think about making cakes or squares.  Just fruit, vegetables and meat.  How is that for healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.