Friday, February 24, 2012

Derwent Bus Stop

... the bus not taken ...
Our bus stop is one half a block where we walk up to the High Street, and then one half a block down that street and across the zebra cross walk to the bus stop.

Though the sign says that the bus will be coming every eight to ten minutes, the bus drives by even faster than that.

Now I know my way to the regular movie theatre, the theatre that shows the classic movies, the bus station where I can change to other lines, and the way right to Victoria Station ...going by bus instead of tube.

LtoR: Steve, Duncan and Rebecca
Here, I am out having a ride with the Carter-Johnsons.

They are still tourists in a town they have made their own, for they go right for the top of the double-decker bus and take that front seat to watch London pass by below.

I tried to get that kid in the picture to go to the movies with me tonight -- the Muppets or Hugo, since he has been complaining that I just make him play boring games of Cribbage.

No.

No movie either.

The joy of thinking an evening might be spent with friends on X-box trumps anything I could offer in the way of outside entertainment -- even a new movie with popcorn and treats.

Sign me,

Failed grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.