Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Heathrow High Lights

 Sign at Kiehls in Heathrow
Promoting finest quality skin, face, body and hair care products
derived from unique natural ingredients
I need to be at the airport just a bit sooner than normal folk – my idea of being on time is being there long before the plane is ready to depart. Travelling with someone is more fun that travelling alone, for part of the fun is checking with someone to see if they saw what I saw.

When I saw this model at Kiehls, I thought of the blogging work of Jeni Johnson. She travels a lot and I see pictures of bridges, airports, clouds or sunsets on her blog.

Or she might post pictures of groups of her friends in every city, or what a new hotel room looks like. Not that hers is the stuff of ordinary lives, but surely it is the stuff of that group of people who spend a lot of their time in the air.

I was wanting to do a contest with her, or at least have a dialogue in the form of who can find the most interesting display in an airport.

... watching the luggage loaded on AC 851
Walking down the connector passage, the one that takes you from the terminal to the plane, I saw a door on which there was graffiti.
The first person had scrawled, “There are no steps on the other side of this door”. I couldn’t resist moving closer to the door and peering out the window. Yes. A two-story drop.

The line underneath the first piece of graffiti deepened the conversation with “Why not”.

The third graffiti responder had written, “Bear with us, “We are working hard to approve the facilities at this airport”.

The crowd behind me was pushing me along. When I board at Terminal 29 again, I will be looking for the new additions to that conversation.

When I showed my passport for now, the third time in the airport, before I was allowed into the Air Canada waiting room, the attendant looked at my passport, looked back at my face, looked again at the passport, then returned to study my face again and finally asked, “Are you feeling well.”
...moving sidewalk at Heathrow Terminal 3...

Given how terribly awful passport pictures are, if I look worse than that, I decided then and there to add something new to my daily exercise.

 I do not know what I will add, but I am going downhill fast if that passport photo is taken as my best measure for the look of good health.

The ride home terrific!  I watched movies non-stop.  I hit pay dirt  J. Edgar, The Descendents, Jack and Jill, A Week with Marilyn [Monroe] and Like Crazy. 

A Dangerous Mind was also one of the choices, but the plane landed too soon.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. As long as you look better than the manniquin in the window above, i would say you are looking well! How RUDE of the attendant (unless you really were NOT feeling well?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry we could not hit the lounge in London together. We have done that for the last time since I no longer have elite status. See you in the summer Arta.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.