Thursday, February 2, 2012

Posing with Jules Verne

Jules and Me

Sitting beside a statue of Jules Vern of Two Thousand Leagues under the Sea looks easier than it was.

It was quite a leap for me to  climbed up and sit beside him and remember for a minute both the book and the movie.

We had been on a walk around the area and I spent my time taking pictures of the cheeky seagulls.

Having so many boats around, and people around, and food around -- all of that makes them unafraid of anything.
They sit on posts so close to me that I think I could reach out and touch one if I had the appetite to do that.

Wyona occasionally chases them, here on the Canary Islands.

She was also a pigeon chaster back in the London in the East Street Market.

Some childhood childhood fantasies about catching one or them some day never die.
... sassy bird just standing there ...
  
Go, Wyona go.  

But not until I get a few good shots of them to remember what fun I had that day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have these same pictures in my shots of the day. Too bad you did not get my picture when I did my face plant that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re your face plant that day?

    I do have a picture of you and Alex in the grocery store a couple of blocks over, buying those sugary bun-like confections that you shared with us, just about 10 minutes before you took that face plant. Whenever I look at that picture, this is what comes to mind ... "that is 10 minutes before Wyona fell so hard that an ambulance was called".

    And then I think about you telling the onlookers that you did not need an ambulance and to cancel it. Oh, you are a tough one. If both of your legs had been broken, you still wouldn't have needed an ambulance.

    Only a picture.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.