Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Science Museum

At the Woodside Tube Stop
On a rainy day, the zoo was empty.

Today all of London were at the Science Museum, even Duncan and me.

He is fast and quick on the tube and knows how to get from one tube line to another.

We spent most of our time at the museum watching a 360 degree ride – a simulated airplane ride that dives and dips and turns the chamber right around, while two people are inside, trying to fly through the air.
Ceramics Display at the Science Museum

Duncan is saving his money to go on that ride with a friend the next time he goes back to the museum.

We also looked at the Science Museum Bookstore.

It seems that whatever amount Duncan has in his pocket to spend, he needs about double that amount – he may get that from me.

His eye was on a SilverLit Helli-Launcher, but he came away empty handed.

a game about products that make ....
false teeth, new hips joints, heart valves
I hated having to explain to him that you have to earn money before you spend it. I didn't like learning that myself.

I spent my morning looking on the internet at utube productions of Evenings On A Farm Near Dikanka.

Duncan and I have tickets to go to the matinee on Sunday, a Russian group doing a presentation at the Shaftsbury.

 Having never read Nikolai Gogol and knowing little about Russian fairy tales, utube was a good chance for me to get a taste of what we will be seeing.

...a chocolate mint oreo biscuit snack at the museum...
Everyone is invited to Trafalgar Square on Feb 26, to celebrate the Russian folk festival of Maslenitsa, which marks the end of winter. I will still be here.

This traditional family event will feature a children's marquee, dance, theatre and music performances, a bustling bazaar selling Russian handicrafts, and stalls where we can sample authentic Russian dishes.

Perhaps we can do that with Rebecca when she gets home.

Duncan and I see the irony in her going to Russia, and at the same time, Russian theatre troop coming to entertain us.

Arta


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your day with me. I sat for a long time looking into Duncan's eyes --- what a wonderful experience! --- and living his day through your eyes.

    I got my Transit Pass today, ordered a new battery for the laptop, and learned how to be smarter than a dog, thanks to Ceasar Milan. I also had great interactions with my grandchildren and even Ebe, in the calm-assertive way of the successful teacher.

    Love to you all, Kelvin

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.