Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taking Pictures

 ... I just love that zoom lens ...
I got a beautiful new Canon camera when I retired.

I have been carrying it with me, but on day trips away from the ship, I pretty well have to have it on my hand or around my neck all day and the weight of it was more than I wanted to carry.

... rounding the tip of Spain ...
So I got a new camera -- one that I can hold in my hand for those long day trips. That doesn't mean I am giving up my beautiful large camera. But I am enjoying the light weight camera as well.

Moiya brought her camera along, as well. But she lost the battery charger for the camera on the first day of the cruise. Ready to update to a new camera, she found one on the ship for the same sale price that I paid on Boxing Day.

The two of us began to look for good photo moments on the balcony, given that one doesn't often have a balcony where the sights change as spectacularly as they do on a cruise.

What is hard to capture is the sunset or sunrise, for that moment when the light is falling across the water or through the clouds is gone in the time it takes to run back into the room and grab my camera.

... rays of light on the water ...
I told Moiya that the one function I love on my small camera is the 17x zoom. I am only minimally able to move that knob and get focused before the shot I want is gone.

Is it cheating to be able to get closer by using the zoom lens?

Moiya said she doesn't know how she is going to tell Dave that she bought a new camera and then found the "lost" battery charger as we were packing our things to leave the ship.

She is going to frame it as, Dave, I have a new camera for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.