Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tai Chi Sword

That was a long reach to get the sword unsheathed!
Not every grandmother has her first Tai Chi belt.

Nor shares with her grandson that she does have her own sword and sheath.

Nor does she tell her grandson that it is close by and that she will share, with the permission of his mother, of course.

Sweet joy!
The space where we examined the blade and handle was small.

Bonnie and I were on the alert to know when to duck.

What I didn't capture was the difficulty to unzip the blue carrying case, since the whole unit was not that easy to handle for a six year old.

I was surprised that David didn't ask for a Thai Chi demonstration from me on the lawn -- one where I am fully costumed, belt and all, and lifting the sword to the sky in a graceful motion.

Now to get this back in its holder.
I was surprised and grateful that he didn't want to see me in action with it, given I am not sure I could even raise it and keep my balance any more.

Ah yes, a grandmother's surprise hidden away on the top of her china cabinet: a tai chi sword.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. get OUT! i had no idea you had such a thing. Artaxerxes indeed!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.