Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homework

Ratification of the Peace of Münster
(Gerard ter Borch, Münster, 1648)
Type: Peace treaty
Drafted: 1646-1648
Signed: 15 May - 24 October 1648
Location: Osnabrück and Münster, Westphalia, modern-day Germany
Parties: 109
It will come as no surprise to anyone that I like to taunt Rebecca.

I can do this best by finding some local conference that she would like to go to, and then sending her the particulars, telling her ... "I bet you sure wish you could be here for this event".

Now she has turned the tables on me, sending me notice of a conference called "Her Proper Name: A Revisionist Account of International Law.

But she informs me we will both be in the same place and can go together, if I wish.

 I have two areas in which I have no academic strengths: History and Political Science. Well, I should add Religion since I have never taken a course in that as well.

So ... the Treaty of Westphalia -- that drew a complete blank for me. I have been out doing a little homework ... pre-session study for I don't want to be a complete idiot, sitting in the audience and understanding nothing.

Rebecca is having the last laugh on me.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.