Monday, April 2, 2012

How very French!

House of Leather
April 2, 2012

How very French!

Already, I am making a joke.

Here, I pass the hair salon, or at least I think it is a hair salon.

Mary tells me that Maison Cuir means House of Leather and that at one time, it did sell leather products.

But I think I see information about hair styling and work done by an esthetician in advertisments on the side of the building.
... mural on the north side of the building ...

While the building is on French (Canadian) soil, the architecture of the building it is modeling all that one might imagine about Greece.

The colours are blue and white.

And then a nice mural on the side of the building.

Doric?  Ionic?  Corinthian?
... painted pillars realize a dream of Greece...
...in French Canada...

There is a pillar painted on the side of the building – if you can’t have the real thing, why not a replica in the stucco. 

I have the feeling someone wanted to harken back to the real golden age, one that came long before settlers came to Canada.

All part of the fun of walking along Rue Principale.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.