Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pawis is a long way ...

 ...Rhiannon joining the Art Club that is targetting Naomi's boredom ...
"Pawis is a long, long way," said Rhiannon to me today.

"When we go there, I am going to sleep a long time in the car."

This was in response to one of the ways I was entertaining the two girls today.

Naomi, I have been using a coffee table book as a learning text. The book is titled Masterpieces of 20th Century Painting.

I am finding that using this book is a lot easier than going to a museum.

In the comfort of our living room, and with the over-sized text in hand, we figure out what museum holds the painting we are looking at, who painted it, and sometimes we try to guess the title of the picture before we look at it. Further to that, we look at shapes, colours, and sometimes even try to tell the story of the painting.  Xavier and Rhiannon join us because we make it look like so much fun.

When Naomi is sound asleep at night, I read the text that is inserted between the various sections of the book and I try to stay ahead of myself, so I can explain Fauvism, for example, ... as though I really know what I am talking about. We have seen cubism ... Picasso at work ... studied Cezanne's influential "The Large Bathers" (1906) and we picked our very favorite painting -- at least of the pages we have studied so far.  She is staying with Robert Delaunay's "Sun, Tower, Airplane" (1913), though I can't figure out why.

I am eating Grandmother's cinnamon buns.
At breaks, I feed her cinnamon buns, staying true to my promise to make them for her until she calls out, "Hold. Enough."

That hasn't happened yet.

Mary has been worried about Naomi's ongoing nutrition ... but that is a worry to be taken care of when she has eaten her fill of cinnamon buns.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Pawis and London are indeed a long way off... and yet closer than you think! it will be fun when those kids get to see the live versions!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.