Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sorting and Cleaning

Mary says this is probably the only chance we will have to spend 3 weeks together for the rest of our life-time. If this is true, why are we spending all of the time cleaning?

I must know that the answer is ... because we want to clean.

One of our projects was to go through all of the bins of kid’s clothing that is marked size 4-6, and see what can be worn this year and what should be recycled to another family. The nice thing about that process is we discovered the bins were full of clothing for all sizes, and now all of the kids have a year’s worth of clothing to wear, all folded and put into the proper drawers. O.K. Everyone wishes that job had been done at their house.

Then we tackled Mary’s jewellery drawer.   There were single beads she had made, sitting alone, no chains, no clasps, just sitting alone in the drawer, so I put them on a string.  There were treasures there – earings that are now one of a kind, never again to be matched up with their mates.

I found silver pieces of jewellery from my house that I didn’t even know were missing. I took back a few of those pieces, telling her that if I wear them for a year or two, I might be willing to part with them a second time, the next time giving them as a gift.

I didn’t feel the need to take out my camera until I came up on this. We took out broken chains, paper clips, safety pines, single rhinestones, a few pennies. stuff everyone might have along with their other treasures

But?  A dried up apple core?

Nice, Mary.

Now our day of sorting and cleaning is over.

I am typing for the blog.

She is reading The One Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of a Window and Disappeared, a short, catchy title.

I wonder if I bought an e-reader would I quit blogging and start reading?

Arta

1 comment:

  1. somehow, the apple core made me feel much much better about myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.