Thursday, November 8, 2012

Passport Bar



November 6, 2012

I stopped to hear a lone classical guitarist at the Passport Bar.  People were drinking, he was playing in a corner and another man was listening to him in a brocaded high backed chair.  I clapped at the end of one of his sets.  At the end of the next piece he nodded in my direction and I said, “Too short.”

“I will play you a longer one,” he replied, “’Historia’ originally written for the piano by Isaac Albanius but now played on the guitar.  And the pieces and the programme began to spill out:  a Brazilian Chioris, the French ‘The Source of the Lisaunt’.  A lovely day, sitting quietly, no work to do, and a classical guitarist playing in the corner of a quiet bar. 

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.