Monday, November 5, 2012

The People Mover Ticket




The route had been carefully planned.  We were to leave St. Mark’s Square before the flooding began, walk over the people mover and go our separate ways – Margaret back to Ottawa and we were off to Spain.  We hadn’t figured in that the people mover, a lovely bridge over the canal, has no ramps.  Only stairs.  I can do it, I thought and began walking.  A man grabbed Margarets bags and began carrying them for her – and then was insistent with mine, pulling them out of my hands.  By the top of the bridge, I could see he wanted money for carrying them up the stairs.  Both Margaret and I took them back, paid him half of what he asked and then marked our bags down the stairs.  Humph!  We thought we could do it, and we could.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.